At GridBeyond, we value your privacy and stand for a safe and secure Internet.
As we do in simplifying the complex energy market, we’ll always talk your language and have your back – no nonsense, no surprises.
2. Peace of mind
We protect your data like it’s our own.
We only use your data to serve you better.
You decide what and how you hear from us.
Protecting your privacy
At GridBeyond we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors We aspire to embrace privacy by design. We are 100% aligned with the spirit of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all our services, the data controller, meaning the company responsible for your privacy, is GridBeyond Limited, a company registered in the United Kingdom. Registered number: 08211691. Registered office: 54 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU. And we comply with applicable data protection law, and specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
For the personal data we do collect, we are committed to your right to privacy and to be transparent about how and why we store your data. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Article 4.
Respect for individuals’ personal data is critical to the service we provide and the responsibilities we owe partners, clients, website visitors, newsletter subscribers, portal users, referees, media enquiry, contact request submitters, job applicants, and our other business relationships.
We act as the data controller for the Personal Data collected via the channels mentioned above.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you when you sign up to use our service, e.g. when you provide us with your personal details, such as your name and email address. This also includes information you provide through your continued use of our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or App, sign up for our newsletter, registering for a webinar, downloading a resource on this website, requesting a meeting or more information, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information, identification data, IP address, geographical location, details about your professional life or your interests and other technical information; we use this to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
We may also collect information automatically from your navigation on our website and portal, as well as, how your device has interacted with our websites, pages visited and clicked. This information is used for our internal analytics and to improve the quality and relevance of content to you.
Information we collect about you.
About your use of our Services we may automatically collect the following information:
Details of the actions you carry out when using our Services, including geographic location from which the action originates
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website or App (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Support number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them (including attendees lists from trade events but only where we are sure that they have your consent or are legally permitted or required to disclose your Personal Data to us.) In general, we will use the Personal Data we collect from you only for the purposes described here or for reasons presented to you at the time we collect your Personal Data. However, we may also use your Personal Data for other purposes that are not incompatible with this policy, such as archiving in the public interest, scientific, statistical or historical research, if and where applicable data protection laws permit this.
Why we collect your data
There are few different reasons for collecting your data.
Contract: We have to collect some data to give you a service.
Legal obligation: We have to collect some of your data by law.
Legitimate interest: This means we can collect and use your data for legitimate business reasons, in a way that most people would think was reasonable. For instance, if you signed up to our newsletter and gave us your email address, you might reasonably assume we’d use it to send you information about the energy market, events, and our products and services.
Consent: This means that you give us permission to collect and use some of your data for a specific reason. You can withdraw consent whenever you want.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information:
- to carry out our obligations relating to your contract with us and to provide you with the information, products and services
- to give you access to our portal
- to provide technical support and customer care
- to detect incorrect order details
- to communicate with you our customers and consenting subjects regarding our services
- to facilitate access for users on our website(s)
- to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us
- to review job applications
- to process payments
- to comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements
- to notify you about changes to our Services
- to communicate the requested quote, proposal or audit details
- as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure
- to administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to send you information and login details about the webinar you registered for
- to improve our Services and to ensure that they are presented in the most effective manner
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to answer your meeting request
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so
- to provide you with information about other similar goods and services we offer
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you
- to combine information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that. We do not have a published list of all of the third parties with whom we share your data with, as this would be dependant on your specific use of our Services. However, if you would like further information about who we have shared your data with, or to be provided with a list specific to You, you can request this by writing to email@example.com
We may share your information with selected categories of recipients including:
- our group entities or subsidiaries as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities
affiliates, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and execution of any contract we enter into with them or you
- third party vendors, services providers, partners, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business or have a legitimate interest in serving yours
- advertisers and advertising networks solely to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court
- our auditors, advisors, legal representatives and similar agents under contractual prohibition of using the Personal Data for any other purpose than serving legitimate business purposes
- potential buyer and its advisers in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business. We will then inform them to use your Personal Data only for the reasons in line with this notice
- any other person approved by you
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Where we store your personal data
Sharing your data outside of Europe
In order to provide our services and information to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to transfer your data to the third parties outlined above that are based outside of the European Economic Area. In these cases, we ensure that both ourselves and our partners take adequate and appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect your data. We also ensure we have appropriate contractual protections in place with these third parties.
Profiling and automated decision making
We may use some instances of your data in order customise our Services and the information we provide to you, and to address your needs. When we do this, we take all necessary measures to ensure that your privacy and security are protected – and we only use pseudonymised data where ever possible. This activity has no legal effect on you. As part of being a highly technical and innovative company, we may use Automated Decision Making (ADM) in order to improve your experience. For example, so that we can provide you with a fast and efficient service. None of our ADM processes have a legal effect on you.
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as we have your consent or that we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (providing you with a service, answer your requests or meet legal, regulatory or accounting requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions). When that’s not the case, we will delete or anonymise your personal data. When this is not possible (i.e. stored in backup archives), we will securely store and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information, these are called your Data Subject Rights, and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website.
- Right of access the personal information we hold about you
- Right to rectification, to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to be Forgotten, to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Right to opt-out of communications we send you at any time, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “subscription preferences” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms please contact us.
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
Our Services may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we protect your personal information
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and use a secure server to store your personal information.
We have designed a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal information, plus we are Cyber Essentials certified. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of GridBeyond who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal information from unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions
Please see our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions here.
How to contact us
Have any questions or feedback about this notice
Would like us to stop using your information
Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint please don’t hesitate to contact our team, they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you feel that we have not addressed your questions or concerns adequately, you may make a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom.
For more information on the content of our communications and further communication preferences, please contact our friendly team on 01923 431 638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at: GridBeyond 54 Clarendon Road Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 1DU
updated: 24th May 2018