Energy Support Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Operations and based in Dublin.
- Carrying out energy analysis on customer data to determine efficiency savings, site energy usage issues and additional savings opportunities for both Ireland and UK clients.
- Preparing presentations and reports for GridBeyond formerly Endeco Technologies’ customer base and meeting with the clients and develop energy efficiency plans as required
- Support and deal with system and customer alarms as required.
Interface effectively with customers to answer queries, resolve requests and source required analysis documentation.
- Support GridBeyond formerly Endeco Technologies smart grid services; application processes, generating and carrying out weekly and real-time declarations, declaration analysis, dispatch management, site/application alarms and generating customer statements.
- Be part of the team to provide 24/7 cover (outside normal working hours) to our monitoring service as part of the escalation process when problems arise. This is on a rotational basis and payments associated with this activity are not covered in the standard package offered, and are paid on top of your package.
- Cite-See (GridBeyond’s head-end controller) support for deployment team.
Center-See and Customer Portal configuration and support for new and existing customer base.
- Internal project management as required; assisting with site work packages, stock management.
- Provide feedback to the development team on tools and services to assist with energy analysis.
- Progress into an account management role with clients that we support to ensure that we maximise the services we offer the client and give value back to the customer.
- Investigate new areas where added value through energy management and energy schemes available can be brought to the client base.
- Other activities and new service offerings that may arise as the role develops.
Required experience and skills
- Energy engineering degree or equivalent
- Good understanding of energy usage, energy billing across industrial and commercial retail buildings.
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Produce presentations and reports to a professional standard
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative without immediate hands on support
- Organised, energetic and self-motivated
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of software tools
The role will support the 7.00am to 8.00pm manning of the NOC desk and hours to be determined by the Head of Operations. The shift pattern currently is 7.00am to 3.30pm; 10.00am to 6.30pm and 11.30am to 8.00pm on a rotational basis.