Operations Energy Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Based: GridBeyond’s Dublin Office/Operations Centre: 3015 Lake Drive, Citywest Business Park, Dublin D24 DKP4
- Monitoring of all grid services live across the day. Understanding what is happening, being prepared to act when required depending on scenario, understanding when an issue has occurred and what to do with it.
- Assessing and dealing with alarms taking ownership and responsibility to solve them in a timely fashion.
- Dealing with customer requests (report config, setpoint changes, schedule changes etc).
- Support GridBeyond smart grid services; application processes, generating and carrying out weekly and real-time declarations, declaration analysis, dispatch management, site/application alarms and generating customer statements.
- Contacting customers to ensure we have dispatch and engagement info up to date and that customers themselves are ready for dispatches.
- Ensuring we are ready at all times to deliver a dispatch to answer the needs of the Grid. Having procedures and staff at the ready to deliver.
- Monitoring delivery performance of services on an ongoing basis and preparing performance reports as required by grid operators.
- Onboarding customers that are ready to go live in service
- Develop understanding of customer sites, assets and control techniques for current live sites
- Reporting unit performance and alarms to business on weekly basis.
- Carrying out energy analysis on customer data to determine efficiency savings, site energy usage issues and additional savings opportunities for both Ireland and UK clients.
- Cite-See (GridBeyond’s head end controller) support for deployment team.
- Center-See and Customer Portal configuration and support for new and existing customer base.
- Provide feedback to the development team on tools and services to assist with energy analysis.
- Other activities and new service offerings that may arise as the role develops
Required Experience and Skills
- Energy engineering degree (L7 or L8) or equivalent
- Good understanding of energy usage, energy billing across industrial and commercial retail buildings.
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Produce presentations and reports to a professional standard
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative without immediate hands on support
- Organized, energetic and self-motivated
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of software tools
- Highly numerate
- Good attention to detail