The Triad results are in, and GridBeyond is proud to announce the correct forecast of all three triads this season.
The dates align with our preliminary update issued on 2nd March, in which we estimated there was likely to be anomalies.
- 18/11/2019; 17:00-17:30
- 02/12/2019, 17:00-17:30
- 17/12/2019, 16:30-17:00
- All three Triads hit in Q4, for the first time since records began in 1990
- Last time a Triad was called in the half hour period between 16:30-17:00 was 1997/98
- There were few days between November and February that saw 16:30-17:00 as the peak of the day. It is highly likely that batteries charging caused this
- GridBeyond discharged all batteries for 16:30-17:00 during the 17/12 Triad, having fully pre-charged them in preparation for the forecasted event. This meant we were able to optimise the full discharge of the batteries’ capability.
- Predicting triads is becoming increasingly difficult, however this will no longer be cause for concern as the Targeted Charging Review takes effect.
The upcoming Targeted Charging Review (TCR) sees TNUoS (Triad) cost recovery changing from 2021. This will be replaced on the basis of either capability (kVa connection) or usage (kWh pa). GridBeyond experts will be shifting from Triad forecasting to overall Price optimisation. This will be vital in protecting our flexible customers against, what is likely to be, a more volatile wholesale energy and imbalance price.
For more information on how your business can mitigate high energy costs through price optimisation, contact our friendly team.